The recent earthquakes in Turkey and Syria have had a significant impact on the digital advertising industry in Istanbul, particularly for businesses that advertise to their customers outside Turkey. The tremors have caused widespread damage to infrastructure, disrupted communication channels, and affected businesses of all sizes. This article aims to explore the ways in which the earthquakes have affected digital advertisers in Istanbul who advertise to outside Turkey, and the steps they are taking to adapt to this challenging situation.
One of the most significant impacts of the earthquakes The calamity that befell the residents of the affected cities in both Turkey and Syria, led to a global panic that Turkey is an active earthquake zone, which prompted many international customers to cancel their visit to Turkey, which led to an economic recession among companies in Turkey.
Moreover, the earthquakes have also caused significant physical damage to infrastructure, which has affected businesses’ ability to operate. The damage to roads, bridges, building, houses and other transportation infrastructure has made it difficult for businesses to transport their goods and services, which has resulted in delays and disruptions to supply chains. This has made it difficult for advertisers who rely on physical advertising channels, such as billboards and storefront displays, to reach their target audiences in a timely and effective manner.
Additionally, the decrease in consumer confidence resulting from the earthquakes has led to a drop in foot traffic to physical stores in the region. Many people are staying indoors and avoiding public spaces, which has affected advertisers who rely on physical advertising channels. This has further emphasized the need for digital advertising channels that are more resilient to the effects of the earthquakes.
To adapt to this situation, digital advertisers in Istanbul who advertise to global customers are taking a variety of steps. Here are some key takeaways that companies can learn from the earthquake in Turkey and Syria in terms of digital marketing strategies:
- One of the most significant steps has been to increase their investment in online advertising channels. Digital advertising channels such as social media, search engines, and programmatic advertising are not affected by the physical damage caused by the earthquakes. Advertisers are taking advantage of the fact that people are spending more time at home and on their devices, and are increasing their presence on these channels to reach their target audiences.
- Another way that advertisers are adapting is by being more flexible and responsive to the changing situation. Advertisers are constantly monitoring the situation and adjusting their campaigns accordingly. For example, if a particular region is experiencing internet connectivity issues, advertisers will pause campaigns targeting that region and shift their focus to areas where internet connectivity is stable. Additionally, if foot traffic to physical stores is low, advertisers will shift their focus to online channels to reach their target audiences.
- Another way that advertisers are adapting is by being more flexible and responsive to the changing situation. Advertisers are constantly monitoring the situation and adjusting their campaigns accordingly. For example, if a particular region is experiencing internet connectivity issues, advertisers will pause campaigns targeting that region and shift their focus to areas where internet connectivity is stable.
- Additionally, if foot traffic to physical stores is low, advertisers will shift their focus to online channels to reach their target audiences. Be responsive and adaptable: Companies should be prepared to adjust their marketing strategies quickly in response to changing circumstances . For example, if there is a disruption to internet connectivity in a particular region, companies should pause campaigns targeting that region and focus on areas where connectivity is stable.
- Emphasize authenticity and engagement: With many consumers feeling anxious and uncertain due to the earthquake and its aftermath, companies should focus on creating marketing campaigns that emphasize authenticity and engagement. Influencer marketing can be a particularly effective way to achieve this, by partnering with influencers who have a large following in the target market.
- Another approach for advertisers who target customers in Europe and the GCC is to leverage influencer marketing. Influencers with large followings in these regions can help advertisers reach their target audiences in a more authentic and engaging way. Sonuç olarak Türkiye ve Suriye’deki depremler, beklenmedik olay ve durumlara karşılık verebilecek esnek ve adaptif dijital pazarlama stratejilerine sahip olmanın öneminin altını çizdi.
Overall, the earthquake in Turkey and Syria has highlighted the importance of having a flexible and adaptable digital marketing strategy that can respond to unexpected events and circumstances. By investing in digital advertising channels, leveraging data-driven insights, and focusing on online marketplaces and e-commerce platforms, companies can continue to reach customers and promote their products or services even during times of disruption and uncertainty.